Thursday, June 16, 2022

Restoration

I was a terrible teenager. I argued with my mother about everything. I feel ashamed even now. I feel ashamed sharing this with you. Fortunately, after I was married and out of the house. Our relationship began to mend and we became very close. Thanks to my mother being forgiving. I was so terrible that I prayed for boys, not girls, because I didn't want a girl like me to raise. God heard my prayer and gave me two boys.

For years I lived with guilt over how I treated my mother. I knew God knew how I acted as a teenager and I prayed for forgiveness. It took me a long time to accept God's forgiveness and to forgive myself. 

"Like newborn babies, crave pure spiritual milk so that by it you may grow up in your salvation, now that you have tasted that the Lord is good," (1 Peter 2:2-3 NIV). 

Thank goodness I grew up and out of my terrible teens. Studying the Word helped me restore my relationship with my mother, I'm sure. I'm so thankful for the years of a good relationship with my mother. God is good.

May your relationships all be healed in Christ Jesus so you no longer feel guilty or sad. Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment