Monday, June 20, 2022

Momentary Troubles

Lately I've been realizing just how old I am getting to be. I'm not afraid of dying but I do think about how I might die and that sometimes concerns me. I think most everyone would choose to die in their sleep. Just go to sleep and never wake up seems like a pleasant way to go. But, only God knows the plan and the time this will happen. 

It is a good thing that we don't know when we will die or we would try to get everything done and ready. Although perhaps it is better that we do have some things done. We do need to have a will in place and perhaps a living will also so things we desire to control will happen. 

As we age we face possible illnesses and trials due to our physical or mental state. I'm facing trials with my right hand. Rheumatoid arthritis has crippled my hand. It limits what I can do with it and makes other things difficult. I feel fortunate that only one hand is involved, not both. And the rest of my body is okay except it is getting older. 

"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all," (2 Corinthians 4:16-17 NIV).

There is a reason for our suffering and trials. They teach us to depend on Christ Jesus and remember His suffering for us. They keep us from becoming prideful. They keep us looking beyond this life and toward our eternal one. They show our faith to others. And our sufferings provide an opportunity for God to use His power. 

Lord, be with us this day. Let us use this day of our life to please You. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment