Thursday, June 30, 2022

Words

Have you ever said something you regret? Do your words ever come out all wrong? I tend to put my foot in my mouth plenty often. What is so hard about talking? Sometimes my mouth gets in the way of my thoughts. 

Fortunately I write more words than I talk, usually. Writing allows me to edit before I send my text, email, or letter. Yes, I still write letters and send snail mail. I know it is unusual these days to do things the slow way but I think people like to get mail other than bills. Writing also allows me the chance to proofread and correct what I have written.

Thankfully, when we pray it is okay to make mistakes and change what we say to God. He knows what we are thinking anyway so He understands where we are coming from. He knows what is in our hearts. Every thought and word that comes from us reflects on who we are. David wrote a prayer that I need to say every day:

"Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O Lord, my strength, and my redeemer," (Psalm 19:14 NIV).

May your words be acceptable to God today.

No comments:

Post a Comment