Thursday, September 1, 2022

Learning Patience

Today isn't the day I was planning for. My hand surgery was supposed to be today but because of a tiny sore the surgery was postponed until the spot heals. I was feeling rather down yesterday after I found out. But, I realize now it is the best thing and I must be patient while it heals.

"We also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us," (Romans 5:3-4 NIV) 

The best plans can be changed in the most common ways and it is for good, even if it doesn't feel that way at first. This situation causes me to be patient. I'm learning to wait and growing in my patience. There are lots of scriptures on patience. It must be a commonly needed skill that humans need to learn. James, Jesus' brother wrote another scripture about patience.

"Be patient, then, brothers, until the Lord's coming. See how the farmer waits for the land to yield its valuable crop and how patient he is for the autumn and spring rains. You too, be patient and stand firm, because the Lord's coming is near," (James 5:7-8 NIV).

I will wait patiently for my spot to heal, knowing that God has the best plan for me. Time will tell how long I must wait for another appointment for surgery. God is good and His timing is best.

What are you waiting patiently for? God will see you through.

No comments:

Post a Comment