Monday, September 12, 2022

Together in Faith

I have a group of friends that I've been meeting with for nearly forty years. We meet for Bible study once a month now but it used to be once a week. They are my prayer team, my emotional support, my sense of reason, my Bible question go to group, and my encouragers. They have watched me grow from an infant Christian into a more mature believer; they are the reason I have grown in faith.

I also have a church that I've been attending for two years, but I've made connections through a weekly Bible study there and I continue to attend weekly services on Sundays. Meeting together is important.

"Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another--and all the more as you see the Day approaching," (Hebrews 10:25 NIV). 

I also have a church family where I grew up in and attended most of my lifetime. I still consider it my church home, though I haven't been there in several years.  I pray for them when I know of a concern and I care deeply about them. 

Having other believers to share life with is important to me and to all Christians as scripture says. We need each other in this walk of faith. Even my water aerobic friends and WW friends who have faith in their lives have become friends because of their faith. I'm drawn to others who have faith that we can share.

Thank you, God, for friends in faith who encourage me. Give them an extra heap of blessings this week. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment