Monday, September 19, 2022

Reading Through Life

 I love to read. It hasn't always been that way for me. I didn't read much in high school except what was required reading. I guess I was busy with other things and I hadn't gotten the reading bug yet. As a young adult I read mostly non-fiction books and the Bible. 

Next, I went through a time where all I read were books about writing because that was my passion. I wanted to become a better writer so I read all the books I could find about writing. Then I went back to school and all I read were textbooks and assigned reading and the Bible.

I have a row and a half of Bibles in my bookcase. I've read many different versions of the Bible, going through the Bible in a little more than a year each time. My current favorite is the Life Application Study Bible New International Version. It has been my study Bible for several years and I have read through it several times. I always dislike starting a new Bible and leaving an old one because I have the old one marked up with favorite verses and comments I've written when I have studied it.

"All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work," (2 Timothy 3:16, 17 NIV).

There is a purpose to reading that differs with each book. I am reading fiction now for fun. Most are historical fiction or Christian fiction but I also enjoy Kristin Hannah's books. Reading is a great way to learn and to enjoy. Read a book today and see where it takes you.

No comments:

Post a Comment