Thursday, March 2, 2023

March and the Wind

Welcome to March. Somewhere in my brain I think March is known as a windy month. Only time will tell if that adage is true this year. My mother didn't like the wind. I find myself disliking it also, especially as I am older. I think it takes more strength to walk on a windy day. Wind does a number on long hair and short hair too. It requires more hairspray on a windy day. And don't try to use an umbrella on a windy day!

Jesus had power over the wind. It is shown in the story of the disciples fearing the storm at sea.

"He replied, "You of little faith, why are you so afraid?" Then he got up and rebuked the winds and the waves and it was completely calm. The men were amazed and asked, "What kind of man is this? Even the winds and the waves obey him!"" (Matthew 8:26-27, Mark 4:41, Luke 8:25 NIV). 

Women used to wear scarves over their hair to protect their hairstyle. My mother always wore a scarf on a windy day. Do you suppose that is something that will return in fashion? 

It was windy yesterday afternoon and I found myself brushing my hair out of my eyes more than once. All I can offer is this warning, "Hang on to your hat" if it is a windy day!


No comments:

Post a Comment