Monday, March 13, 2023

Scars

 Do you have scars? I have several. One on my left knee. I got it when I was five years old and I was anxious to help my dad who was chopping down a pine tree in the front yard. He needed an axe from the shed so I volunteered to go get it. He warned me, "don't run with it!" Of course that is exactly what I did and the axe found my knee and left a large wound. It has faded over the years, but it remains as a reminder of that incident. I should have listened to my dad.

I also have scars on my right hand where I was washing windows and my ladder shifted and I put my hand and arm through the glass. The scars are quite small now, some of them were replaced by other scars. They are a reminder  to be careful when setting up a ladder.

Finally, I have scars from my most recent hand surgery. The large incision across my knuckles is barely visible. I did scar massage when I was recuperating and I believe it worked to keep from having a large scar. I do have a smaller scar where they made an incision at my wrist. It is about an inch long. Scars are evidence of past pain.

Jesus had scars when He returned to the disciples after His resurrection. 

"He said to Thomas, "Put your finger here; see my hands. Reach out your hand and put it into my side. Stop doubting and believe."" (John 20:27 NIV).

What do your scars remind you of? Consider Jesus' scars and believe what He did for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment