Monday, March 6, 2023

Remembering Al Bell

When I was in elementary school, I always looked forward to the annual visit by Al Bell. (I hope I am remembering his name correctly.) His job was touring the area schools and putting on a presentation for kids. All the kids gathered in the school gym. Each time he came he would bring a different exhibit and story about his travels. He made his story funny and fun for the kids. 

Al Bell brought slides to show and he told about each picture. Sometimes he had items that related to the story and showed them as well. He made the assembly entertaining and all the kids loved getting out of the classroom for a couple of hours. The time was educational. I remember once he brought things from a safari in Africa. It was an exciting story that he shared.

Al Bell must be quite old by now. He seemed old to me at the time he visited our school. I hope he knew how much he touched the kids with desire to travel like Al Bell. We learned about the country he had visited and about its people. I don't remember all the stories he shared but I always looked forward to his presentations.

"Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul. Rescue me from my enemies, O Lord, for I hide myself in you. Teach me to do your will, for you are my God; may your good Spirit lead me on level ground," (Psalm 143:8-10 NIV).

No comments:

Post a Comment