Thursday, June 15, 2023

Just Ask

Sometimes I find it hard to pray. Especially when I try to pray for a need I have personally. Throughout the Bible, we are shown that we need to humble ourselves and ask God for what we need. And He will answer us.

 "The Lord is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth," (Psalm 145:18 NIV).


My heart is calmed in knowing He is near to me when I call on Him. There is peace when we kneel to the Lord in need.

"Then you will call, and the Lord will answer; you will cry for help, and he will say: Here am I," (Isaiah 58:9 NIV).

I visualize lifting my arms in prayer as He says, "Here am I". What a blessed moment of peace and comfort.

"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened," (Matthew 7:7-8 NIV).

When I was growing up there was a picture hanging on the wall of the sanctuary that I often studied. The painting was of Jesus standing at a door, knocking. "Christ at Heart's Door" by Warner Sallman is an image I'll retain whenever I read this verse. Though it shows the opposite, it reminds me to open my heart and let Jesus in.

"This is what the Lord says, he who made the earth, the Lord who formed it and established it--the Lord is his name: 'Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know,'" (Jeremiah 33:2-3 NIV).

God tells us to call on Him and He will respond and tell us, "great and unsearchable things"! How exciting and encouraging to pray. If we pray sincerely, we can be assured that God will hear us and answer our prayer. 

Thank you, God, for being our loving Father, who is there for us whenever we call. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment