Monday, June 26, 2023

One Step

I always begin writing my blog by praying for God to give me an idea to write about. Because sometimes  my mind seems totally empty. I ask God to tell me what someone needs to hear today. The best thing for me to do is to start typing and hope something comes to mind. More often than not when I've written something I don't think is very inspiring, someone will comment that the blog was just what they needed to hear today.

God is good like that.

"You will forget your trouble, recalling it only as waters gone by. Life will be brighter than noonday, and darkness will become like morning. You will be secure, because there is hope; you will look about you and take your rest in safety. You will lie down, with no one to make you afraid, and many will court your favor," (Job 11:16-19 NIV). 

Job got this advice from Zophar the Naamathite. Although not all the suggestions Job received from wise persons of his day were helpful, this scripture shares hope for all of us. No matter what struggles we face in life, hope encourages us to keep putting one foot in front of the other. Eventually we will step out of the darkness and into God's light.

God is good like that.

May God give you light to guide you through every situation you face today. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment