Thursday, June 8, 2023

Sharing Our Burdens

Today was my parents' anniversary. They were married 66 years when my mother died. I wonder if they are able to celebrate in heaven; it would be 90 years. I hope they are together again.

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light," (Matthew 11:28-30 NIV). 

Sometimes I feel burdened by life and very weary. This scripture says that Jesus will help us by giving us purpose for our work. We can't just sit back and watch the world go by. We are to learn from Jesus and follow His ways, then we will find rest.

"But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint," (Isaiah 40:31 NIV).

When the day seems too long and we have come to the end of our ropes, remember that the Lord promises to renew our strength.

Thank you, Lord, for being our strength when we are weary. Thank you for sharing our burdens if only we will trust in you. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment