Monday, June 19, 2023

Our Fathers

Fathers' Day is past for this year but it is still on my mind. John and I have lost both of our parents so in our family the attention goes to my husband John and to our two sons. None of us were together this year so it became a non-holiday. But still we remembered our fathers with love. 

My father, Corwin Springer, was a farmer first and a job worker second. He lived on farms his whole life. He also worked for the ASCS office helping farmers establish soil conservation practices. He worked for the Iowa highway commission as a surveyor on new roads being built. He was a singer and sang for many weddings, funerals, and church events, far too many to count. Most important, he was a Christian in all that he did. 

John's father, Frederick Stewart, was a hard worker. He worked at the Clemons Quarry for several years running heavy equipment. He eventually got hired by Fisher Controls where he made a career and a living for his family. He used evenings and weekends to make improvements to his houses, lawns and garages. He was always willing to help out his children with their projects, too. He was a good man and a caring father.

"The miracles I do in my Father's name speak for me, but you do not believe because you are not my sheep. My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father's hand. I and the Father are one," (John 10:25-30 NIV).


No comments:

Post a Comment