Thursday, June 29, 2023

Goodbye June

Two more days of June. It doesn't seem possible. The months seem to fly past when you are old. I know the days aren't really going faster but the closer I get to the end of my life, the faster the days seem to go by. June is the traditional month for weddings but I think society has gotten away from that. Now any month you choose is perfect.

June feels more like a spring month, yet this year it has been warmer than usual. I hear the sweet corn is almost ready. That makes my mouth water. The field corn will be knee high and flowers are blooming prolifically. We are headed into another summer needing rain. Goodbye June.

"When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. For I am the Lord, your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior," (Isaiah 43:2-3a NIV).

June is nearly past and life moves on. May you be encouraged by the knowledge of God's protection through whatever lies ahead. God bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment