Monday, May 13, 2024

Snapshots of Life

When I worked at the small town newspaper, one of my jobs was to take photographs. At that time we also developed the film in the dark room and made photos that we laid out on the newspaper pages. This was shortly before everything was done on computers. 

Most of my experience taking pictures came from family, especially children and grandchildren. When they were babies, I couldn't take enough photos. Every smile or facial expression was photo-worthy. I have 25 of the big photo binders (3-inches wide) in my office alone. There are more downstairs. Plus thousands of pictures saved on my computer since 2016. 

There are hundreds of vacation pictures of beautiful scenery we have viewed. Plus hundreds of sheep pictures, especially when the grandchildren began showing sheep at fairs and open shows. I spent hours sitting on bleachers waiting for the classes our grandchildren were entered in.

"How beautiful on the mountains are the feet of those who bring good news, who proclaim peace, who bring good tidings, who proclaim salvation, who say to Zion, "Your God reigns!"" (Isaiah 52:7 NIV).

Lord God Almighty, Creator of all things beautiful, thank You for the amazing earth that surrounds us. Thank You for the treasures in pictures and in our memories. Make us aware of the beauty that is around us today and give You all praise and glory for what we see. In Jesus' name we pray, Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment