Thursday, May 23, 2024

Looking Back

Today is the 1,000th Gloria's Glimpses blog. I was interested to see what my first blog was like, so I looked it up and I have copied it below. I began writing the blog on Thursday, June 26, 2014. Wow, I didn't realize I've been doing this for 10 years.

Too often I take for granted the opportunity I have in writing a blog. I am always inspired by God and I give Him the glory for anything that touches the heart of a reader. My first blog was an introduction to Gloria's Glimpses. I have modified the blog over the years to include a scripture reference. It has been fun and challenging through the years. Who knew I had so much to say!

New Beginnings

Welcome to my blog. This is a work in progress as I begin to gather and post collections of my writing to share with others.

Since childhood I wanted to be a writer and the dream came true when I was hired by my hometown, weekly newspaper in 1990. I was fortunate to have a caring boss who mentored me for several years as I learned the ins and outs of news media and writing in a small town. By year five the learning bug bit hard and I enrolled in the local community college taking all the English and media related courses possible, plus the requirements I needed for an Associates in Arts degree.

I soon gave up my newspaper job and focused on my education. Earning my AA degree in Dec. 1996 and my BA degree in Dec. 1998 with a major in Journalism and Mass Communication with a minor in English. Fortunately, I was hired as a supervisor of media relations at Iowa Valley Community College District where I worked for 12 years.

My passion is for sharing stories that strengthen the reader's faith or encourage exploring his or her spiritual or emotional journey in life. I write inspirational nonfiction in several formats and hope to bless you with a tidbit of positivity when I share a blog.

Thanks for reading and if by chance something touches your heart I would truly appreciate hearing from you. Thanks for joining me on this journey.


 

The impetus for Gloria's Glimpses came from Paul's letter to the Romans.


"I long to see you so that I may impart to you some spiritual gift to make you strong-- that is, that you and I may be mutually encouraged by each other's faith," (Romans 1:11-12 NIV).


Lord God, thank You for the friends I have made along this journey. I am so blessed. Please continue to use me as a beacon of Your light to others, and touch my heart with the encouragement of others. I love You, Lord, and I thank You for loving us always. Amen.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment