Monday, October 9, 2017

God's Masterpiece is You

As I looked out at the beautiful sunrise this morning and noticed the beads of moisture on the brilliant green grass, as the north wind moved the branches in a resistant sway, I thanked God for the wonder of His Creation. I heard the geese honking overhead as they glided onto a nearby pond and my heart swelled with love for my precious Lord and Savior. Thank you for this day, Lord.

"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith -- and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God -- not by works, so that no one can boast. For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do," (Ephesians 2:8-10 NIV).

It is hard for me to think about being God's workmanship when I am so often alert only to my flaws and my failures. Yet, God considers us worthy and valuable to His Master plan. He has prepared good works for us to do in our lives. He has given us the gift of grace through Jesus Christ that makes our sinful selves acceptable to our God who requires perfection.

Through our faith in Jesus Christ, God gives us the gift of grace and salvation. We are forgiven of our sins and Christ's blood covers our imperfections. We are given the freedom to stand before God with our arms lifted in praise and thanksgiving and He sees us as His very own Masterpiece. It is God's workmanship that makes us unique individuals who are integrated into His eternal plan.

Today I will try to view myself as God sees me - without blemish, in the best possible light! Then I will have confidence in God as I move forward to do the good works He has prepared for me to do. Because the Gloria that God sees has the energy, the ability, the strength, and the holy direction to do anything He says to do, very well, indeed.

Lord, use me today. Help me to see myself through Your eyes. I want to be that "better me." I want to be Your Masterpiece. Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment