Monday, August 27, 2018

Joyful Praises To God

Good Morning, Jesus! My mind is swimming in all of the beauty of nature that we experienced in Wyoming last week. And I'm just beginning to sort through more than 400 photos. We especially cherish the sightings of bison, antelope, and moose because they are so unusual to us. I'm sure Wyoming natives get frustrated with the vacationers who line the road or slow down to observe what is rare to us.
The Grand Teton

That is kind of the same with Christians. Coming to know Jesus can be such an exciting time. New Christians are full of joy and delight and can't wait to share what they have learned with others! But what about us native Christians? Shouldn't we also feel that exhilaration of knowing that Jesus Christ is our Savior! Yes, we should. I'm speaking to myself here. I fail to show that joy and thrill of knowing Jesus, I'm sure.  The depression that still weighs me down seems to temper my joy.

That's what I love about vacations in nature. I love the stimulation I receive from God's beauty. I feel so close to God when I see and feel His amazing Creation! The grandeur of mountains, the uniqueness of areas, the tree-lined roads, the wildlife, the waterfalls, the power of rushing streams over rounded rocks resulting in cascades of white water. It seems so clear to me that God created volcanos and earthquakes and exploding power of geysers and melting pots of mud that have turned the Wyoming landscape into treasured areas of tourism.

So for today, I'm sharing Psalm 67, so we can all lift our hearts and voices up to God in praise and joy, each day.

"May God be gracious to us and bless us and make his face shine upon us, that your ways may be known on earth, your salvation among all nations. May the peoples praise you, O God; may all the peoples praise you. May the nations be glad and sing for joy, for you rule the peoples justly and guide the nations of the earth. May the peoples praise you, O God; may all the peoples praise you. Then the land will yield its harvest, and God , our God, will bless us. God will bless us, and all the ends of the earth will fear him," (Psalm 67 NIV).
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment