Thursday, April 30, 2020

Hope in the Son

"For God did not appoint us to suffer wrath but to receive salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ. He died for us so that whether we are awake or asleep, we may live together with him. Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing," (1 Thessalonians 5:9-11 NIV).

There is great hope in the Scripture verses above and I'm so thankful to share them with you today.  I pray that you will be hope-filled today, no matter what you face in your world. May God surround you with His loving arms and fill you with peace and joy.

The weather person promises us a beautiful spring day in Iowa. We are to have sunshine and 70s. Delightful. My body and mind crave sunshine. It lifts my spirits and gives me a fresh new perspective on life. I love the warmth of the sun on my shoulders and the smile it brings to my face and attitude. I praise God so easily on a sunny day for I know the radiance comes from Him.

If only I could maintain a sunny attitude on the cloudy days; those days when the news is filled with sadness and disaster, gloom and doom. It seems like we have more than our share of gray days during this pandemic. But there is hope.

Jesus Christ died for us so we can live together with Him. That makes me smile! I need to remember that Jesus is walking with me through every valley and every shadow. What a wonderful blessing we have. We are never alone. Our days belong to Jesus, too. And every dark day has the sun shining over the clouds. God is so good to us. Pause and praise Him today as you soak in the sunshine. And remember He is with you now and always.

God bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment