Thursday, April 23, 2020

Where Is Your Trust?

These are testing times. We are in the middle of a Global Pandemic, and staying in our homes. Frustrations are getting high for some who want desperately to go back to work and get a paycheck. Others are working from home and loving it. Cabin fever has set in for most of the rest of us, being confined to our homes for nearly six weeks - so far.

I found out this morning how dependent I am on Internet, mostly because I can't write my blog without it. Well, I can write it but you can't read it. I use Internet for Alexa, computers, Gmail, iPhones, iPad, television, Facebook, and more. I'm lost without it. I had to start my blog using paper and pencil! How unique!

I've been without the necessities of water and electricity before and that was even worse. I truly depend on running water and electricity for most everything I do. I'm so spoiled as I think of how it was for my grandparents with no running water, an outhouse, and doing so much by hand. I'm truly blessed to be on lockdown in my home in 2020.

Although trusting can't make a water pump fill a line with water or an electric line carry power, trusting in God is more powerful than anything else we can put our trust in. I'm so thankful that our God is trustworthy and He is always there for us.

"But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own," (Matthew 6:33-34 NIV).

No comments:

Post a Comment