Monday, April 27, 2020

What a Difference a Week Makes

My tulips are in full bloom. The flowering trees are with flowers. The deciduous trees are beginning to get leaves. Spring is here for sure, maybe. The world is awakening and coming to life. What a blessing to have the brilliant green grass to mow. The robins are busy making nests and laying their eggs. I've seen many kinds of birds flying through the area, back from being snow birds. Plants are poking their heads up through the soil. Farmers are busy in the fields, probably spraying and preparing the soil for planting. We haven't been out to see.

"I waited patiently for the Lord; he turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear and put their trust in the Lord," (Psalm 40:1-3 NIV).

I read these verses often during my depression and they gave me hope. We are in a time of uncertainty and frustration so may these holy words speak to you of hope and of God's love, available to us in every situation we face.

God bless your spring day.

No comments:

Post a Comment