Thursday, June 10, 2021

A Walk in Nature

As it seems like summer here in Iowa this week, I am reminded of one summer on our acreage. We mowed a strip around the pastures for Brady to practice his cross country running. The trail went around most of the eighteen acres of the farm so it was a good jaunt. I'm not sure how much Brady used it for practice but I walked it several times for fun and exercise.

I was in awe of the surprises I found along the way. In the area where we didn't have sheep yet, the grasses grew tall and held remnants of wildflowers and weeds. I loved taking pictures of the weeds blowing in the wind, seeing paths where wildlife had walked. I loved listening to the birds and watching them fly away or try to get me to leave the area of their nests. I love nature walks.

"The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint," (Isaiah 40:28b-31 NIV).

Anywhere you go, the touch of God's hand is evident The exposed root picture was taken in Wyoming. It spoke to me of the power of God and the strength of the tree, rooted in soil that must not have been good. 

Thank you, God, for the beauty and interest in nature. Show us your glory through nature and may we experience the wonder of You wherever we go. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment