Monday, June 28, 2021

The Empty Page

 Here I am again facing an empty page. Twice a week I try to come up with something that will inspire or touch a heart. I've written 715 blogs since I started. God always helps me come up with something. I pray for His guidance and He never fails me. When a blog speaks to you, it is from God. Different blogs speak to different people. I'm so thankful when a reader connects with something in a blog.

The Lord says, "As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts. As the rain and the snow come down from heaven, and do not return to it without watering the earth and making it bud and flourish, so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it," (Isaiah 55:9-11 NIV). 

God's Word is waiting for us to read and study it. I love the verses above because it tells how God's Word works in us. It does not return empty but it does something in us that is what God desired. Whenever we read scriptures and a verse jumps out at us, it is because God is speaking to us. How wonderful is that!

The Bible comes alive for us as we read it, when we know that God has purpose for each Word. The Scriptures are our nourishment. The Word feeds us just as God planned for it to fill us. 

Thank you, God, for speaking to us through Your Word. Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment