Monday, June 14, 2021

Elusive Joy

What gives you joy?

Did you answer the question? Was it easy to answer or difficult? 

My grandchildren was my immediate answer. I enjoy watching them in their endeavors be it dance or cross country, soccer or rodeo breakaway. Watching my grandchildren and being with them gives me joy.

What else gives you joy? 

Christian music gives me joy. I love listening to Life 107.1 when I'm in the car or here at the house. The music gives me so much joy, lifting my spirits. The station plays contemporary Christian music which I've grown to love for the message in music it offers. I love the old hymns, too, and in the same way it is the words that mean so much with the music.

Having a chronic major depressive disorder, joy doesn't come easily to me. Sometimes laughter just isn't possible, but when it comes, it is a refreshing time of release. I'm thankful for friends who understand.

Joy is supposed to be a result of having Jesus in my heart, but this often eludes me. I never understood why. I think that I'm not a good Christian, not a true believer, but I know in my heart that I am. It is confusing to me and I struggle with this often. Scripture and prayer lead me to the truth.

"Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Do not cast me from your presence or take your Holy Spirit from me. Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit to sustain me," (Psalm 51:10-12 NIV).

May God bless each person who reads this with true joy for the day, I pray in Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment