Thursday, June 24, 2021

God's Flowers

 I am obsessed with taking photos of flowers. I love the beauty of blooms. When we planted the perennial bed at our new home we started from scratch. There was nothing but bushes in front of the house. They obviously chose the cheapest landscaping package for this house that served as a model home for our builder. John was obsessed with the lawn which was in grave shape. The soil is terrible; mostly clay. But he took time to create an oval shaped garden for me. 

I chose a variety of perennials that bloom at different times. Iris are one of the first things to bloom. I'm always amazed with the beauty of the blossoms. I love the colors and the different textures of the flowers.

"Flowers appear on the earth; the season of singing has come, the cooing of doves is heard in our land," (Song of Songs 2:12 NIV).

I miss all the other flowers I have planted at our previous homes but I have to consider those a gift to the next owners. Some were starts from my mother's garden so I miss those the most. God has blessed us with the beauty of flowers. We are treated to The Father's creativity whenever we admire the flowers and trees He has given us.

Thank you God for the beauty around us. 

Let us enjoy the flowers and plants that brighten and decorate our lives. Seek out some beautiful flowers to take a picture of today.



No comments:

Post a Comment