Monday, October 9, 2023

Another Monday

It's another Monday. It seems to come around this time every week. When I was working it seemed like the weekend flew by and sure enough, Monday arrived right on time. Now that I'm retired you wouldn't think it would make much difference what day of the week it was. But, Monday always follows Sunday.

Sunday and church feed my soul. The act of worshiping together with other believers is a time of refueling and reconnecting. I come seeking God and His hope. The music helps me worship God and refill this empty vessel. The message helps me center in on the Word of God and apply it to my life. Worship helps me focus my thanks to God for everything in my life.

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans  to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart..."" (Jeremiah 29:11-13 NIV).

Heavenly Father, it's another Monday to thank You for. Fill us with Your Spirit as we begin another week. Guide us in the plans You have for us. Help us to be receptive to Your will and to seek You with all our hearts. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment