Monday, October 16, 2023

Be Encouraged

Today is blog number 940. I started writing this blog regularly in 2014. Mondays and Thursdays are my scheduled days to write, but since I set the schedule I am also flexible. I used to take my lap top with me so I could keep writing the blogs even when we were away. But, now I just pass on the days we are traveling. And I've been thinking about going to once a week. Some days I really struggle for a topic but I always pray for God's guidance and He always answers.

I remember interviewing for my job and being asked something like, "If money wasn't an issue, what would your dream job be?" I answered something to the effect of, "I would like to write devotionals to encourage others." Well, this blog is my attempt at that.

"I long to see you so that I may impart to you some spiritual gift to make you strong-- that is, that you and I may be mutually encouraged by each other's faith," (Romans 1:11-12 NIV).

Paul wrote these words to the Christians in Rome as an introduction to them before he made a trip to meet them. He hoped also to receive fellowship and be encouraged by their faith. We need each other in this life of struggles, grief, disappointments and loneliness. I hope you find encouragement through these blogs.

Heavenly Father, thank You for being near us through all things in life. Thank You for giving us Your Word to guide us in our walk of life. I pray that these words can encourage someone today and give them hope in You. Be our help, our strength, and our guide every day. In Jesus' Name we pray, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment