Thursday, October 5, 2023

Sun Spots

This was the first summer that I avoided the sunshine and did not get a tan. For most of my life I have sought out the sun and lived in it, soaking it in to lift my spirits. But I have reached an age where all the damage I've done to my skin in the past is coming back to haunt me. Dermatologists and I are on a first name basis.

On Monday I again made a visit to my friends with the freezing spray. This time my main concern was a spot inside my ear that kept bleeding. But she found more spots on my face and hands that also needed attention. All were "precancerous" spots and that's a good thing. No biopsy needed.

My nose is always front and center, bearing the brunt of exposure, so it received lots of freezing spray. Because it always looks worse before it gets better, I'm expecting to look like Rudolph any day now. All because of the blonde hair, blue eyes and fair complexion I was born with and the years of mowing for hours at a time on the farm are catching up with me.

"Surely then you will lift up your face without blemish; you will be secure, and will not fear," (Job 11:15 RSV).

Lord God, just as the dermatologist removes the spots of sun damage, we thank You for removing our signs of sin by the blood of Your Son. We thank You and praise You for the blessings You give and for the great gift of Your Son who saves us. In Jesus' name we pray, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment