Monday, January 1, 2024

New Year Blessings

"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!              (2 Corinthians 5:17 NIV) 

It is a New Year 2024. When I look at that number I can hardly believe we are so far into this century. Where does time go? When I was young it seemed time would move so slowly: waiting for summer vacation, waiting for my birthday, waiting for Christmas. But now that I'm old, time is whizzing by in a flash.

As we begin a New Year, it is tradition to make resolutions. How is that working for you? I quit making resolutions years ago after many failures. Most often my resolutions were the same every year: exercise and lose weight. I'm thankful for the aqua fitness classes that my husband had to drag me to, several years ago. They have been responsible for overcoming my hip and back pain that had nearly immobilized me seven years ago. I usually attend classes five days a week and feel so much better because of the exercise they provide.

The bonus of attending the aqua fitness classes has been the really good friends I have made there. My fear of walking into a place where I knew no-one was quickly replaced by the comfort of friendly smiles and encouragement. God has blessed me in so many ways just by taking an aqua fitness class.

Well, I don't know what the year 2024 will bring, but I'm thanking God for being at my side through it all. Life is full of good and bad things, but with Christ in us we are new beings who will overcome even the worst of them.

Lord, bless these persons who read this blog today. Fill their hearts with Your Spirit and be their guide and Savior. Bring them whatever they need: comfort, peace, encouragement, love, healing, grace or guidance. Thank you, Lord, for being our constant provider, the presence in our lives, and the power that makes us new. Amen.

Happy New Year.

GG#960 2024

No comments:

Post a Comment