Thursday, January 4, 2024

Word of the Year

Another morning is about to dawn in Iowa. There have been some beautiful sunrises and sunsets recently; such a delightful gift from God above. We don't get an expansive view from our house but enough to feel the amazement of His glory. A sunrise is such a wonderful way to start the day. It creates a fresh attitude for the day and it is a reminder to stop and thank God for all His blessings.

There is a common trend these days to set a word for your year. What is your word for 2024, if you were to set one? I've been pondering this for a while and I haven't settled on one yet. I've heard some really good ones: persevere, believe, seek, gratitude...to name a few. Setting a word for the year is one way to strive toward being a new self, similar to setting a resolution for the year.

Perhaps my word could be kindness, compassionate, loving, to set a goal of being better at these things. Or I might choose from the words: truth, humble, respectful, gracious, grow. There are so many good words out there. My word would probably be some way of making my self better.

"You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; to be made new in the attitude of your minds; and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness," (Ephesians 4:22-24 NIV). 

Lord, thank you for this new year. Help me be a better self this year. Lead me toward true righteousness and holiness; I feel so far from being like You. Give me a new attitude this year so I can be the best me I can be. I praise You and honor You, in the name of Your Son, Jesus Christ, Amen.

Do you have a word for 2024?

No comments:

Post a Comment