Thursday, August 22, 2024

Flourish

Flourish: to grow well or luxuriantly; thrive. To do or fare well; succeed. (American Heritage Dictionary, 2001). I don't feel like a flourish today. I'm tired. My neck hurts and so does my right hand. My mind isn't working; I've spent 40 minutes and all I've written is a paragraph. I'm ready to give up but I pray again that God will lead my thoughts to what someone needs to read.

As I look at my paperback dictionary, well worn, missing the front corner and probably outdated at 23 years old, I consider how much I have used it for my writing and reading. I find it an invaluable tool. I'm not a good speller so I check my words in the dictionary.

"The righteous will flourish like a palm tree, they will grow like a cedar of Lebanon; planted in the house of the Lord, they will flourish in the courts of our God. They will still bear fruit in old age, they will stay fresh and green, proclaiming, "The Lord is upright; he is my Rock, and there is no wickedness in him," (Psalm 92:12-15 NIV).

After all this time, I don't think I'll ever be a great speller. I could never even compete in a spelling bee. My mother tried and tried to help me. We would sit on or near the long radiator in the 'front' room and she would test me on the week's spelling words when I was in elementary school. 

"They will still bear fruit in old age, they will stay fresh and green," (Psalm 92:14 NIV).

Lord, help me flourish today. Touch me with Your power and love and guide me through this day. Help me be fresh and green in my old age. I love You, Lord. Thank You for being my Rock every day; I pray in Jesus' Name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment