Monday, August 12, 2024

Pleasing Jesus

"All you need to remember is that God will never let you down, he'll never let you be pushed past your limit; he'll always be there to help you come through it," (1 Corinthians 10:13 MSG).

What an uplifting scripture to start the day! Especially when we are facing a challenge of any kind. My husband says I'm a procrastinator. I prefer to think of myself as being a very thoughtful person who needs to process things a while before I act on them.

He is probably right. The proof is on my desk and it's been there since Christmas. It is now August. I should have processed on that project long enough by now. I have a picture that I want to have framed. It is still waiting. Perhaps I will take action on it this week.

I do things that need to get done like laundry, watering my house plants, sweeping the floor, making the bed, preparing a meal and cleaning the kitchen; and things I enjoy doing like aqua fitness classes, Bible studies, and reading books.

I admit that I put off doing (yes, procrastinate) dusting and calling the doctor.

Life is busy. But there is always time to stop and worship God and pray. I love the words from Hebrews that follow. They give me a good direction for today. May you be blessed by these words.

"May the God of peace, who through the blood of the eternal covenant brought back from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great Shepherd of the sheep, equip you with everything good for doing his will, and may he work in us what is pleasing to him, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen," (Hebrews 13:20-21 NIV). 

No comments:

Post a Comment