Monday, September 9, 2024

For the Love of Grandchildren

Being a grandparent is one of the most wonderful things that ever happened to me. The excitement of our first grandchild was only multiplied by each additional grandchild. I remember the thrill of getting to see baby Paige in the hospital. I was a student at Iowa State University (Go Cyclones!) John was working in Cedar Rapids. We made a drive to Ames and Mary Greeley Hospital to see her. It was love at first sight!

With each successive grandchild my heart grew larger and was filled with more joy. I have spent many hours praying for my grandchildren through the years. I've prayed for physical healing when they were sick and when Bailey had open heart surgery last year. There was a broken leg, and a stress fracture in a foot to pray for. 

One prayer that I pray often is for the salvation of my grandchildren, found in Ephesians 3. Paul wrote this prayer to the Ephesians but I find it perfect to pray for my grandchildren.

"I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge--that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God," (Ephesians 3:16-19 NIV).

This is my deepest prayer for my grandchildren every day because I love them so very much.

Thank You, God, for being so wide and long and high and deep in Your love. Thank You for sending Jesus to teach us the knowledge we need to know to be saved in Jesus Christ. Please hear our prayers this day, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment