Thursday, September 26, 2024

God Sees Me

There isn't a day that goes by that I don't have something - usually many things - to be thankful for. John just got home from running an errand and announced that he got sweet corn! It has to be the last of the season. We have had several enjoyable meals throughout the summer and I even got eight packages put in our freezer that will taste great this winter. I am thankful.

This September has offered us the most beautiful days to enjoy. One after another we have had sunshine and warm temperatures. The days have been nearly perfect. School kids haven't had to bother with jackets. House windows can be opened at night. I'm still wearing sandals and short pants. It is delightful. I am thankful.

This month one of my sisters had a knee replacement to alleviate her pain. She is recovering with physical therapy. Another sister celebrated her 87th birthday. Yet another sister turned 90 on Saturday! I am so thankful.

The Biblical story of Hagar, Abram's wife Sarai's Egyptian maidservant, tells how Hagar ran away to escape Sarai's jealous anger. But, God was watching over her and sent an angel to her with a message. Hagar was blessed in spite of her misery. She speaks below.

"She gave this name to the Lord who spoke to her: "You are the God who sees me," for she said, "I have now seen the One who sees me."" (Genesis 16:13 NIV).

God is watching us also. No matter what situation we find ourselves in, God sees us. God sees our problem and has the solution if we are willing to let God help us. God sees us when we are thankful, too. There is nothing that can turn our days around like a measure of gratitude. God sees us.

Heavenly Father: I lift up my hands in praise to You for I have so much to be thankful for! I know You see me every moment and I am so thankful. Guide me today to follow Your will for my life. Remind me that You see me and care for me with Your constant and abiding love. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment