Monday, September 23, 2024

Walking Close to Thee

Monday is plant watering day at my house. Some of the plants show their thirst, others would be fine for a few more days. I have ten houseplants to care for. One isn't looking the best. It's bottom leaves are turning brown. I have no idea what is wrong with it but my guess is that it needs to be transplanted into a bigger pot.

I get ads for all kinds of apps that will diagnose your plants and tell you how to remedy its problems. I'm tempted to try them but I'm too cheap to spend the money for a subscription. I need to try replanting my problem plant while the weather is still mild but first I need to see if I have a bigger pot that will work. It is a process.

Growing as a Christian is a process, too. You would think that by now I'd have faith mastered. But I find there is always more to learn and more work to do. Every sermon, every Bible study lesson, every scripture I take to heart, and every Christian book I read leads me a little closer in my walk with Jesus.

"I am weak, but Thou art strong; Jesus, keep me from all wrong; I'll be satisfied as long As I walk, let me walk close to Thee.  Ref.: Just a closer walk with Thee, Grant it, Jesus, is my plea, Daily walking close to Thee, Let it be, dear Lord, let it be. Thro' this world of toil and snares, If I falter, Lord, who cares? Who with me my burden shares? None but Thee, dear Lord, none but Thee. When my feeble life is o'er, Time for me will be no more; Guide me gently, safely o'er To Thy kingdom shore, to Thy shore.  Just a closer walk with Thee, Grant it, Jesus, is my plea, Daily walking close to Thee, Let it be, dear Lord, let it be."  ("Just A Closer Walk With Thee," Source unknown).

"Let the weakling say, "I am strong!"" (Joel 3:10b NIV).

Heavenly Father, as I begin a new day, guide my steps and draw me closer to You. Help me grow and learn more about You today and practice Your Way in all that I do. I pray in Jesus' Name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment