Monday, February 12, 2024

A Week of Love

Happy Monday! I imagine some of us are waking up a little tired from watching the end of Super Bowl LVIII! What an exciting game! It couldn't have been a closer game, ending in overtime. I love football. Living with my husband and two boys, I either became a grumpy football widow, or I learned to enjoy it. My husband still teaches me little things about football every game. I'm sad to see the season come to an end. 

I was pulling for the San Francisco 49ers because of the Brock Purdy/ISU connection. I've been so impressed with his abilities this year and the whole team's performance. Before Brock Purdy, I was a Kansas City Chiefs fan. I cheer for them both except when they play each other, then I have to choose. Congratulations to both teams.

Do you remember that Valentine's Day is Wednesday? We can't miss the hearts and candy filling the aisles. Everything is pink or red. Do children still exchange Valentines in decorated shoeboxes? 

Wednesday is also the first day of Lent, signifying the coming of Easter in 40 days. Lent is a season of prayer and reading scripture, giving to the needy with love, and fasting to practice self-control. Although Catholics seem to do Lent best, I also like to use this season to renew my faith. I focus on Christ's final days of His ministry, and remember my own baptism and dedication to my new life in Christ.

"Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth," (1 John 3:18 NIV). 

Lord, focus our hearts and minds on You, and on others this week. Guide our actions with love and truth. Create opportunities for us to share Your love with others. Thank You for the gift of Your Son who is sent to save us. We pray in His holy name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment