Thursday, February 15, 2024

Idenity

I haven't always been retired. I wore many hats during my life: daughter, student, bean walker, house cleaner, wife, mother, CNA, receptionist, insurance data entry person, newspaper reporter, writer, college student, intern, graduate, freelance writer, and Supervisor of Media Relations. For many years my job was my identity.

When I was raising my children many of my high school classmates had completed college and were pursuing a career. I felt like a nobody. I wanted an education but I was too afraid to try. I didn't believe that I could succeed. I loved to write and I wanted to study journalism and English. But, I needed confidence that I didn't have. Recently a contemporary Christian song came out that expresses so much of what I felt.

"Somebody to You" performed by Rachael Lampa.

"They say you're only as good as your last success And failure's not an option Maybe that's why I'm exhausted Held so tight to their applause that When it stopped, I thought that Yours would too 'Til you said my heart to You's worth everything"

"Don't gotta be somebody when I'm already somebody to You Got nothing to prove anymore, so there's nothing to lose anymore You're gonna keep on loving me for more than just the things that I do I'll sing it 'til there's no doubt, nobody can count me out 'Cause I'm already somebody to You I'm already somebody to You, ooh"...

"There's so many stars in your sky But I'm never lost in your eyes I'm still the one you see, and you see (I know you see) A promise that can't be broken One you've already chosen As I'm learning to believe, yeah (I'm learning to believe)"...

"The Lord will fulfill his purpose for me; your love, O Lord, endures forever--do not abandon the works of your hands," (Psalm 138:8 NIV).

Thank you, Lord, for being at my side through all the stages of my life. Thank you for using each step to bring me closer to You and Your purpose for me. Thank You that I am and have always been "Somebody to You." Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment