Thursday, February 29, 2024

Leap Day

It is Leap Day, February 29. It only comes around every four years. The almanac says the extra day added every four years keeps our calendar and the seasons in sync. This year there are 366 days. The Earth's orbit around the sun takes approximately 365.25 days. Adding a day to the calendar every four years brings the calendar in line with the seasons.

What are you going to do with this extra day? It seems like a regular Thursday, unless you were born on February 29. Then, you have something to celebrate! I know one person who is a leap year baby, the daughter of a friend. Happy birthday Kendall.

Perhaps this is a good day to start fresh with God. If we have any sins in us that need to be turned over to God through confession, this is a good day to do that. Maybe it is a good day to start that Bible reading we have put off. How about doing something kind for our coworker, or a complete stranger? Or calling that friend we have been meaning to get in touch with? I'm sure there are a hundred more ideas to make this a truly worthwhile day.

"Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Do not cast me from your presence or take your Holy Spirit from me. Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me," (Psalm 51:10-12 NIV).

Lord God, bless us this special day with Your guidance and the Holy Spirit. Help us make this a good day. Draw us close to You and let us feel Your extreme love. Sustain us, Lord. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment