Thursday, February 22, 2024

Seeking Fellowship with God

I always start writing my blog by praying that God will speak a message through my words, that these will be words that touch someone's heart. Today, I'm trusting God to give me the words to write.

A few years ago I was in a Bible study on David. One of the things that really spoke to me about David was how he followed the Lord throughout his life. He had a close relationship with God, always. But, he wasn't perfect. No one was/is perfect except Jesus. I can relate to David because he made mistakes in his life. Some were pretty big sins. Yet, because he walked closely with the Lord God, and asked for forgiveness, God forgave David.

I'm a sinner, too. I am so thankful for the forgiveness that Jesus Christ brought us through his sacrifice on the cross. We are walking through the Lenten season, being reminded of all Jesus' teachings and his ultimate purpose on earth - our salvation.

Like David, we can walk in constant fellowship with our God. He knows we can't be perfect. That's why He sent His Son. He loves us as a Father and provides forgiveness when we ask God to examine us and forgive our sins and offer His mercy to clear our checklist of wrongs. 

"Test me, O Lord, and try me, examine my heart and my mind; for your love is ever before me, and I walk continually in your truth," (Psalm 26:2-3 NIV).

Lord, help us walk with You in faithfulness every day. Forgive our sins and guide us to do the right things in the future. Help us choose to walk continually in Your truth. In Jesus' holy name we pray, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment