Monday, January 2, 2023

Setting Goals

Happy New Year 2023! It still sounds a bit strange, yet we have been talking about it for months now. Traditionally, this is the time for making resolutions. I was never good about keeping resolutions so I quit making them a long time ago. I still set goals for myself but they aren't big, unrealistic goals. 

I want to read more books. I want to get back into the routine of exercising. I want to write letters and reconnect with some old friends. I want to appreciate my new friends. I want to dig in the dirt next spring. I want to lose five pounds and keep it off. I want to read the Bible everyday. I want to pray more.

It is good to challenge myself each new year and really consider what I want the year ahead to look like. One way that it will be better is that I have two hands to work with. It's been several years since I had full use of my right hand so that will be exciting. I want to make more noodles for the grandkids. 

"Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope: Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness," (Lamentations 3:21-23 NIV).

May your new year be filled with God's faithfulness every morning. Make goals. Have hope. God bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment