Monday, January 30, 2023

The Problem With Dust

House cleaning is no longer my favorite thing to do. I'd rather be reading a book. My husband is very helpful, especially with the vacuuming. He knows it hurts my back. While my hand was disabled, John did everything. I appreciated it so much.

I put off dusting until I can see my initials in the dastardly dust. Our house creates too much dust. I only like dusting the wood floors because they look so much better when I am done. Dusting the furniture is a task that no one notices. I have a lot of stuff to work around on my furniture so that makes it worse to do. I do feel better about things once I have dusted. But I still don't like it.

All that is left is polishing the stainless steel in my kitchen and cleaning the bathrooms. (Well, there are more than these but I've listed the basics.) I don't mind doing either of these things. I like the results of polishing the stainless. I don't like messy looking stainless steel so I usually clean it as soon as it looks dirty. Same with the bathrooms. I keep them clean and don't mind cleaning them.  

"In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you," (John 14:2 NIV).

My guess is: there is no dust in heaven.

Lord God, thank you for our homes and the things we dust. Give me a better attitude when it comes to cleaning my house. Give me energy and motivation to help me complete the tasks that are waiting. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment