Thursday, January 19, 2023

The Forgotten Task

This morning my only concern was the bright and heavy snow outdoors. I forgot to write my blog. It seems my husband missed it. He went to read it and found there wasn't one for today. My mind must have been somewhere else. I guess I forgot what day it was. Sometimes a blog doesn't seem like it's important enough to worry about. But maybe someone needs a word from the Father that I can provide. 

It is still Thursday so I have the chance to put together a blog. My thoughts were on my nephew who is having heart surgery today in Omaha. I've been praying for him throughout the day as doctors make repairs and replace his aortic valve. 

It is just a down day for me. It has been deeply gray the last two days and I need sunshine to lift my spirits. Like the Rexulti commercial on television where the lady holds a smiling face on a stick up in front of her own face, masking her real feelings, that is how I feel sometimes. Whether the sky is gray or blue, or my concerns are in overdrive, God is in control. It is time to trust Him with all my heart.

"Praise be to the Lord God, the God of Israel, who alone does marvelous deeds. Praise be to his glorious name forever; may the whole earth be filled with his glory. Amen and Amen," (Psalm 72:18-19 NIV).

#870 gds

No comments:

Post a Comment