Thursday, January 5, 2023

The Perfect Arrangement

Every year I fill out my calendar with birthdays and anniversaries, doctor appointments and other things I need to remember. John always encourages me to put everything on my phone calendar but I still rely on my paper calendar the most. I have several things in January and a few other dates to remember throughout the year. Even though I can't know how 2023 will end, God knows. He has a complete plan for our lives. That is amazing.

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, "Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you," (Jeremiah 29:11-12 NIV). 

Most often the above scripture is given with just verse 11. But when I read it again this morning I liked the second verse as well. It gives our part of the promise. We are to call upon God and pray to Him and He will listen to us. We can do that! We are to pray and God will listen. Easy peasy. Then why do we make it so hard?

I love that God has plans for us. That he gives us hope and a future. He knows what lies ahead and we don't need to know because we might try to change something, to have it turn out a different way. God knows not all of our life will go the way we might choose. But, He's got us. He is there for us. Even in our toughest times, God is there for us, helping us through. He is teaching us, helping us grow in our faith. It is the perfect arrangement.

May we all reach out to God today and let Him prosper us and give us hope and a future. Let us pray and listen to what God has to tell us today. It's the perfect arrangement for life.


No comments:

Post a Comment