Monday, July 15, 2024

Birth Days

When I was growing up one of the most unusual stories my parents shared was of their birth days. Today, July 15, was my Mama's birthday and yesterday, July 14, was my Dad's birthday. My parents lived on farms in rural Marshall County, Iowa. Daddy's parents lived outside of Albion and Mama's parents lived in rural Liscomb. Their families attended the same country church, Bethel Grove Church in rural Liscomb.

On July 14, 1913, my Grandmother Springer gave birth to a son on their farmstead with the assistance of the local doctor. Elma and Loyd named their son Corwin Arney Springer. The doctor was then called to the home of Effie and Marion Hilsabeck, who lived about 10-15 miles away. A daughter, Clara Burneta Hilsabeck was born.

""For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you,"" (Jeremiah 29:11-12 NIV).

My parents attended church together throughout their life and experienced many events in common, including being baptized in the Iowa River at the same time. They attended different schools but were friends until well after high school graduation. Eventually they dated, fell in love, and married on June 8, 1933.

Happy birthday in heaven to my Dad and Mom. I miss you.

Dear Lord, Thank You for planning a life for my parents. Thank You for giving them hope and a future life together. I love that You have plans for our lives and that You lead us through life on Your path that You have created for us to follow. We pray to You and listen to You all life long. We praise You, Oh God, and thank You for sending Your Son to save us. In His Name we pray, Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment