Thursday, July 4, 2024

Independence Day 2024

As I ponder the significance of this day, I am so thankful to live in America. It is hard for me to comprehend the enormity of our freedoms. How often do I pause and give thanks for the rights our forefathers established? We have privileges that some people in the world only dream of.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator, with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness." The Declaration of Independence, 1776.

I am thankful for the freedom of religion that allows me to believe in Jesus Christ as my Savior, who freed me from my sins, by sacrificing His life on a cross. I can believe without being placed in chains or locked in a cold, dark cell infested with rats and bugs.

"But thanks be to God that, though you used to be slaves to sin, you wholeheartedly obeyed the form of teaching to which you were entrusted. You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness," (Romans 6:17-18 NIV).

"May we think of freedom, not as the right to do as we please, but as the opportunity to do what is right."  Peter Marshall.

"Find a moment, just a simple moment, to close your eyes and think of the men and women who protect the freedoms you enjoy. It's a privilege, not a right."  Matthew Lillard.

On this Independence Day, I thank God for the rights that were established by the first courageous leaders of this land. All around us, we can realize the Creation that exists by God's Hand alone. 

Thank You, Father, for the sacrifices that have been made for our freedoms. We thank You for being with all of those who died to give us this life as we know it. We praise You for sending Your Son to save us from the bondage of our sin. We pray in Jesus' Holy Name, Amen.




No comments:

Post a Comment