Thursday, July 25, 2024

Words, Words, Words...

Sometimes I stare at this empty page and have no idea what to write about. Today is one of those mornings. I don't have to write a blog every Thursday, I think to myself. But somewhere in the beginning of this blog I made a decision to write twice a week, on Mondays and Thursdays. 

I love to write, I remind myself. But there is this thing called writer's block that can happen. I always trust God to respond to my prayer for guidance in writing and He has never let me down. The thing about writing is that it is so personal. It comes out of my mind and ends up on this page. It is intimidating. 

I have folders filled with my past writings. I have several years' worth of worship leader messages that were shared during church services. There are several years of monthly columns written for a church newsletter. There are files of miscellaneous articles I wrote for college classes or as submissions to magazines when I did some freelance work. I hope that God has guided the words I have written so that they have touched someone along the way.

 Words, words, words.

None of what I have written compares to the power of God's Word. We have a complete book of God's Word that we can turn to, trust in, live by and have hope in.  Psalm 119 is filled with reference to God's Word. Psalm 119 is the longest psalm in the Bible. It meditates on the beauty of God's Word and how His Word helps us follow God's laws and grow in our faith.

"Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path," (Psalm 119:105 NIV). 

"The unfolding of your words gives light; it gives understanding to the simple," (Psalm 119:130 NIV).

Lord, guide the words we use today, that they may be a blessing to others. Thank You for giving us Your Word as a manual to life. Thank You for sending Your Son to save us and teach us with His words. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment