Thursday, July 18, 2024

The Wonder of Creation

 "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. In him was life, and that life was the light of men," (John 1:1-4 NIV).

I have been delighting in the lives of two of my grandchildren this week. If I had forgotten, I now remember what 11 and 13 year-olds are like. These two are a wonderful expression of life. Since one is a boy and one is a girl, there is also that variety of character. I love watching the brother and sister argue, then defend one another fiercely. 

God created each of us as individuals. He gave us each the gifts we have only because of His plans for our lives. God created us with purpose. With God we are priceless and unique. 

I wonder what God has in store for these two young people. What career will they choose in the future? What will their lives look like when they become adults? God already knows the answers to all the questions we might ask. That gives me comfort. Their parents have chosen to place them in Christian schools where ever they have lived. I'm so thankful they have this strong background to guide them with the wisdom they have learned. 

Thank You, God, for the lives You have created in us. Thank You for being the Word and for creating all things. Thank You for sending Jesus to be our Light. Thank You for the blessing of grandchildren and the wonder of watching them grow up. In Jesus' Name we pray. Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment